Amelia Approved!

Akari_32

I finally made Amelia's new wet hide tonight (after searching and searching for the right container! Have the same one for Rowan and the dollar store was always out of them since I bought it), and she actually took to it right away!

I was worried because she stresses so easily, and thought she might not understand what it was. I decided to take the towels from her old one and put them in the new one on top of some new towels, and I think that helped. She came out to see what all the fuss was about, while I was messing around in her tank, and then I went to make Raven's, looked back up, and was in there licking away at the towels, drinking.

I thought that step would be hard for her, as she usually has trouble with uneven surfaces, but she seems just fine with it. This is certainly the face of a happy baby :)

80A62365-8593-4E7E-A10F-0D2A6450DE91-4403-0000089AF5C06218_zps33e0f641.jpg

Olympus

Biologist & Ecologist
She's a cutie, and I love the name for her! Very fitting, it's very pretty.

I usually take something like a strip of duck-tape and line the edge of my cut plastic hides. It may not make a big difference but mine used to rest their faces on the edge of their hides like Amelia and I just thought it couldn't be comfortable to have that sharp edge against your trachea lol I figured I would soften the edges a bit.

Akari_32

Thanks! Mom picked it out lol Its the only animal I've ever let her name (she's horrible at naming pets!).

They aren't sharp at all, I filed them down. It's just the plastic is so cheap that it doesn't cut well and looks terrible lol And she was actually supporting her weight with her legs in that pic, perched there watching me. She doesn't like "pillows," the weirdo! None of my geckos do, actually. My Uro does though. He makes sand beds all the time :rolleyes:

Visit our friends