Another Sweating thread

Mungall

Hey :)
Soz guys but ive just noticed that 1 of my eggs appeared to be sweating when i checked on it today, its only on day 49 incubated at 82F so surely it cant be ready to hatch? i thought id be looking at 55 days min?
This is my very first clutch of eggs so im very wary.
The other egg went bad after two weeks into incubation but this one is still pearly white, i dont even know if its fertile, would an unfertile egg even last this long or would it just mould?

Any advice welcome ;) Thanks

Baoh

I've had a tiny female hatch in just over 30 days @ 82F (half of a gram) and a male that's still incubating and moving around since the lay date of April 26th @ 91F. Most of my babies are within range of the target hatch date by a few days, though. The earlier hatches tend to be smaller and the extremely long hatches tend to be much larger in terms of hatchling size. This has been independent of the known presence of Giant genes, by the way.

Anyway, the short answer is that it depends and you just have to wait it out like with any other egg.

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I've been incubating at 83/84 this season and most of my eggs are hatching day 45-49. So it's possible that yours might be getting ready to hatch. Good luck!

Mungall

Hey :)
Thanks for the quick responses guys!

Im just going to wait it out and be patient :D
hopefully i can give you guys a nice little update!

Visit our friends