Any One use this incubator.

SFgeckos

I know for a fact, it works very well. It's a matter of marketing and adding a "reptile" sticker for an extra $150.

Jon

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
According to some other threads on here about this topic:

--the "thinkgeek" is actually not being made any more and what's available (if it's still available) is closeout

--although the incubators may look the same on the outside, it is likely that they are not the same on the inside.

There is some pretty detailed info from lllreptile which also has a similar incubator and the people who make reptipro5000 about the differences. I'm not coming down on either side of the issue, but just pointing out that it may be worth reading those threads.

Aliza

SFgeckos

Thanks for the info and links!

Just to clarify, I never said they were exactly the same model- I was only offering a very similar option to help a fellow hobbyist save money!

The "thinkgeek" model has been used for several years in my local community (rare monitors, chameleons, ball pythons, knobttails, etc) and I'm sure there are other comparable models on the market. In addition, it can also be used on the opposite end to "cool" or brumate species.

Jon

R

ReptileCraze

Digital Reptile Incubator Like Repti Pro 5000 but Much Less Expensive

I happened to catch this thread while researching the different incubators available. I saw the Repti-Pro 5000 on a reptile supply website but then I saw the Accu-Temp 6000 incubator at Big Apple Pet Supply and it looked identical to the Repti-Pro model. However, there was a huge price difference $159 at Big Apple including $30 in free stuff versus $250.

Anyway, I don't know what the Repti-Pro might do differently but I ordered the Accu-Temp 6000 on Thursday at 3:30 PM and the next thing I know it is Friday at 9:30 AM and the incubator arrived at my door. Holy cow Big Apple is fast as a lightning bolt.

I have been running tests on the incubator since Friday and it is rock solid as far as temperatures and humidity. In my opinon, it's a great unit for the money.

For anyone interested I found it here - http://www.bigappleherp.com/Accu-Temp-6000-Reptile-Incubator-Digital-Reptile-Incubator

Visit our friends