Any one who can translate the nutritional value??

bogaman

Hi guys,, need some help here.. Well im too far from a reptile store and im out of calcium powders so i decided to buy this item from a bird supply store.. Its a 200g calcium powder originally use for birds and fowls,,ive found lots of essential nutrients need for my lg at the back of the label like vit a,iron etc..but my problem here is that it contains d3,, ive read topics here that d3 is somehow can hurt or poisoned my lg if its too much.. At the back of the box i check that it has 30000 parts of d3 well do someone can tell me if its enough or too much?? Or is it safe to use with my geckos??

DrCarrotTail

I've never actually looked before but just did! RepCal with D3 says is has 400k IU/kg, Repashy Calcium Plus says 45k IU/kg and Vionate says 22k IU/kg. A lot of folks use Repashy every feeding and I haven't heard anyone mention anything about an overdose and it has more than the stuff you mention. I think you should be totally okay for a while with the stuff you got. However, I would pick up some Repashy or Ca without D3 that is made for reptiles online or something when you can.

Mclaughlin

It is only suggested not to use D3 as a calcium lick in the habitat. I dust with d3 often. I think you would be fine using it.

LepoInc

D3 is used to aid in calcium absorbtion so it doesn't just run through the digestive tract and out its bum. So what people do is dust with Repashy (which contains D3) and then leave a pure calcium/vitamin mix in the vivarium without D3. Doing this controls the amount of D3 you're putting into your gecko and if the gecko needs more calcium and vitamins, they will use the dish.

Visit our friends