Any thoughts on a good Dimmable Thermostat?

Sphex

So, plotting a number of terrariums as I mentioned in another post and was wondering if others have used dimmable thermostats like the Habistat ones or the Exo Terra ones or well any other and how those were working out?

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Do you mean a regular thermostat or a proportional one? If you mean a regular one, I've been using what is now made by ESU or Zilla for over 15 years and they're fine. If you mean a proportional one, I only used one with my Hobovator and it's not made anymore,

Aliza

Sphex

Do you mean a regular thermostat or a proportional one? If you mean a regular one, I've been using what is now made by ESU or Zilla for over 15 years and they're fine. If you mean a proportional one, I only used one with my Hobovator and it's not made anymore,

Aliza
Like these.

https://habistat.com/products/categories/thermostats

The dimming ones Say your tank needs to sit at 90 it'll lower the wattage to your heater rather than just turn it off and on or pulse. Yeah the proportional style is what i'm after I think. Hadn't gone that route in the past always just used the pulse type. Which I could keep using but seems like those would be more efficient.

Last edited:

Herpin Man

I use herpstats. There are many features, such as a night drop, they are reliable, and you can use up to six devices, depending on the model. I own several, and have never had one fail.

Sphex

I use herpstats. There are many features, such as a night drop, they are reliable, and you can use up to six devices, depending on the model. I own several, and have never had one fail.

The Herpstat ones seem like they too would do the trick. Cost is 50usd higher at 150 vs the 100 for the Exo Terra. Really not seeing a lot of options in the states though far as buying them. I'm either blind or not seeing anything in the US from Habistat. Then the Herpstat ones seem only sold direct. Probably just end up with the one from Exo Terra can just get those off prime free shipping and all. If I go that route, I'll let people know how it goes.

Visit our friends