Any tips - Leo reluctant to eat

Phillthebass

Hi all, I think the route of my problem is just a case of my Leo selling into his new habitat but do far the only thing he has eaten is wax worms (which for obvious reasons I don't want to keep feeding him that)

I have tried locust and mealworms but he seems uninterested. Any ideas or is it just a case of being patient.

His warm side is 33-35c and cold side 22-24c so I'm happy with the temps. He has 3 hides and seems active and happy

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
They can hold out for awhile before they get comfortable and they can hold out also if they're hoping for waxworms. Leopard geckos can go for an amazing amount of time without eating. I recommend you stop the waxworms and try a variety of other feeders. Just be patient and eventually it will eat.

Aliza

Phillthebass

Skin has dulled a bit today. Looks like Lemmy might be going into shed. Will give it time.

Phillthebass

Yup Lemmy shed last night. Might explain the lack of interest in food

Phillthebass

Bless him. All tuckered out after feeding on crickets now he's sleeping like this in a nice warm spot
32ccb9d7e9bc135b6e2db78944ab2b8b.jpg

Phillthebass

It's been a bit slow, he is eating and poo seems normal just doesn't seem to be eating enough as his tail is still a bit on the small side.
4b74b91eed7af69dac891236769beba4.jpg
9fc93d42eefae296ecda41a0f528673f.jpg

Phillthebass

Thanks he seems more settled in now and loves climbing and exploring his viv. Think I'm still a bit nervous with the whole husbandry thing

Visit our friends