Anybody feed their Leopard Geckos Hornworms? Or tomato worms found at petland?

Eve Saint

Wanted to treat the girls to something interesting. The petland I was at carried all sizes.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
I haven't fed them myself but I think they should be OK

Eve Saint

Yes I heard they get up to three inches YUCK!
I will get three little ones and see what happens.

Eve Saint

yukkkkkkk! ewwww!
Today is first day ever that any of my girls ate meal worms. I had to drop each worm in front of them --one by one, rather than leave in the mealworm cup which I threw out months ago.

edgwsyg

Mr.
yukkkkkkk! ewwww!
Today is first day ever that any of my girls ate meal worms. I had to drop each worm in front of them --one by one, rather than leave in the mealworm cup which I threw out months ago.

Going back to your original question about hornworms, they're a bit expensive - a local store sells them for a dollar apiece, and they grow quickly, so don't buy more than you can use in a week. Here's my secret - and I bet most reptile owners share this - my favorite part of owning a leo is feeding her. And if you like watching your leo stalk and eat bugs, you will LOVE watching her eat hornworms. My leo, who is a moderate eater, not a pig (I wish I had a pig), attacks them. The only downside is leos will get fat on them if you go overboard, which is an easy problem to solve; just don't feed them too many hornworms.

My leo is 8.5 inches long, and I've seen her eat a 3 inch-long hornworm!

Geckomaster743

I dont know how i missed this post BUT THAT SOUNDS NASTY! And I know how you feel, I feed mealworm by Mealworm every day.

Eve Saint

Its so cute! I love how they take the worm from the tweezers. Diamond doesnt as much, could be her vision? Or maybe she wants to be a big girl and feed herself. LOL

Caleb C

They will usually take from forceps, but just make sure they dont bite the forceps on accident. Sometimes they're really aggressive, or just cant wait for the feeders to touch the ground :p

Visit our friends