Anyone else have the questionable behavior with Calium w/o D3?

Leomyster

New Leo Lover
So normally I keep a dish of Calium in my Leos tank, usually consisting of a mixture of Cal. w/ D3 and Cal. w/o D3. Well last night I decided it was time to change out the calium bowls and I didn't not have any Cal. w/ D3 in the house so I just put the Cal. w/o D3 in the bowls, I put some on my finger and dabbed it on one of my leos nose and she tried to attack my finger so I put the Cal. bowl under her mouth and she went crazy and ate 3 big mouth fulls of it...I thought this was odd so I just figured my leo was just weird so I tried it with one of my male leos and he tried to eat my finger also, well I figured maybe my finger looked like a mealie to him so I put the cal. dish in front of his face also and he attack the calium dish.

Anyone else have this bizzare behavior? To me it seemed as though I was giving my leos a drug they hadn't had in a while and they were addicted to it. :main_laugh:

Vision Geckos

visiongeckos.com
Yep, it's exceptionally common. Geckos go gaga over calcium if you spoon feed it. Mine bite the spoon all the time after opening their mouths widely. Calcium is like crack to geckos. Just be sure to give the calcium without d3 more often than the calc with d3. Though I have noticed they like the d3 one better.

Leomyster

New Leo Lover
I am only offering them the calium without D3 at the moment. But good I am glad to see I am not the only one with this happening thank you :)

Vision Geckos

visiongeckos.com
D3 is something the geckos do need, but they need it in small amounts. If they get too much of it, it can be deadly. Geckos need calcium with d3 about once or twice a week, and then calcium without d3 for the remaining days.

Visit our friends