Anyone ever hatched 2 leo's in 1 egg?

D

DontShootMe

Someone told me they hatched two leo's in 1 egg and both geckos never got over 30 grams, they stayed minature. Think it's possible or this guy taking me for a ride?

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
DontShootMe said:
Someone told me they hatched two leo's in 1 egg and both geckos never got over 30 grams, they stayed minature. Think it's possible or this guy taking me for a ride?

I had an egg that was starting to go bad, but I candled it and saw a body in it, when I opened the egg, there were 2 leos in it, they were attached to each other (Forget how to spell the wor for it, con....something). But they were dead, I buried them in my back yard, never thought to get pictures.

BalloonzForU

I asked Kelli about this before, because I have a female that laid one very large (double normal size) and a normal size egg in one clutch. The weird thing is the female had 4 follicles in her before the eggs developed, then after the eggs were laid she only had 1 left. When I candled the large egg I saw two bullseyes on either end of the large egg. The eggs should hatch in about 10 days. I've taking the smaller egg and put it into another deli cup, in case the double size egg does produce twins I'd like to document it without the other egg/hatchling interfering.

Kelli said they have hatched before so I'm hoping that if I'm right I get two out of one egg that would be so awesome.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
TheHiddenGecko said:
Forgot an "n" Russ. No biggy. Conjoined.

Thats it! I remembered last night when I went to bed. They were connected at the head. Was very sad.

Shanti, Definately let us know what hatches!

D

DontShootMe

So I guess it is possible to hatch 2 leo's in 1 egg. Pretty cool. You know I heard of hatching two snakes in 1 egg. Felicia I can't wait to see yours hatch definitly take pictures of it hatching if you can catch it. I've seen double headed snakes survive any one have a double headed leo?

robin

if i remember a two headed leo was hatched out a few years back .. it died soon after being born but leo's can have twins (two babies one egg) not conjoined and i know that twins have been hatched out before.

LeosForLess

Would they be identical? If the ova(or whatever it is for geckos) split they would be identical, but if there were ovas it would be non identical.

BalloonzForU

I believe the egg in question was two follicles that some how developed into one egg, so they wouldn't be split embryos so no chance of them being identical or conjoined. I think identical would be very neat, conjoined I would not be happy with. I'm hopping to catch them hatch. Even if I only get one out of the egg, I'll be checking out what is left inside the egg, in case there was another embryo inside that didn't make it.

R

RoseT

can't wait to see what comes out! Don't tease us and not take pictures WOMEN! lol:main_yes:

C

Cryptly

Do keep us updated on that egg!! I'm soooo curious about what's inside!

BalloonzForU

Here is my egg in question. It's from my LVPA pair so I'm real excited!

Picture_021_op_800x600.jpg

Visit our friends