Anyone own a Fat Tail?

Gopherhockey03

I have been doing a lot of research on these guys! They seem to have the same care requirements as Leopard Geckos. Can anyone verify this?

Geckomaster743

Yeah they are Closely Releated but there Temp's are Slightly Different. Its why you cant store them together because of the risk that one of them will not meet there needs. And as Fat Tails get older there Whole Tale Gets REALLY big. On the other hand a Leo's Tail may stay in the Same length but Seem a bit bigger. Though body mass of a Leo expands alot you will notice when they get really long.

GeckoGeek143

Yes, I own Leo's and a fat tail. The care is basically the same except the tails prefer it a bit more humid. I mist his tank twice a day and make sure that his humid hide is always moist. Fat tails are incredibly sweet and docile animals. They usually just creep around, but don't be fooled...they can BOLT when they want to! Hope this helps:)

Star1

I got a fat tail not too long ago... the main differences are they need to be misted a few times a week, they usually won't eat mealworms they prefer to hunt things that move more, and the hot side needs to be a little hotter.

charles burch

I just got a fat tail tonight from a wonderful person who traded me my male royal ball python for the gecko. He is so cool, so mello and always chillin like a villan.

Geckomaster743

I just got a fat tail tonight from a wonderful person who traded me my male royal ball python for the gecko. He is so cool, so mello and always chillin like a villan.
That's cool, Make sure to do your research on Fat Tails. Especially with Sickness/How to Feed/Etc. I don't own a fat tail but i'm sure we have some discussions on here that contain information if you look them up.

laurahlove

Theres 2 fat tails at my work, and they are so sweet! when i clean their cages, they just look at me like oh hey c: such chill little cuties.

Visit our friends