anyone use this incubator

latshki

Breeder in the making
Ive been in the market for a new incubator and was going to make one or get a hovabator
until I heard horror stories of the hova and figured I'd have a better look around

I found this one and I like the design and even price
Im not breeding much but and only have two pairs so this thing won't see too many eggs so it seems perfect for me
so I'm wondering if any of you have had any experience with it?
thanks

Sincerely
Layton McAndrew

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Here are a couple of threads that you might find helpful:

ReptiPro answering questions about differences between ReptiPro 5000 and Think Geek - here

LLL answering questions about the difference between MR-148, Think Geek, and Reptipro5000 - here

latshki

Breeder in the making
so do you think I should get it?
Im liking it more and more
and it is visually satisfying, and I find the hova bator to not be
it alos seems like it would be less easy to break than the styro hovabator

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
We just ordered one and it's on it's way so I can't comment on how it works yet but I'm pretty sure it'll be better than a Hovabator!

latshki

Breeder in the making
sounds good and I hope it works well
I hope to hear about it when you get it as I really would like to get some reviews by owners of it before I spend my cash

Whitey

I have a friend who has one of these and it looks/works FANTASTICALLY. And yes, it definitely is more appeasing on the eyes.

eric

OREGON GECKO
All three look the same to me. Anybody else see that? Let us know what you think when you get yours Mel.

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Will do! We only have 1 Crested Geckos egg right now but I'll check temp stability and report on how it does. I'll be interested to see if this will be a good summer options for Rhac (and other) eggs that need to stay a little cooler. We've had problems keeping Crested eggs cool enough in the summer when it's in the 80's with the A/C on. I hadn't thought of it until now but this it be a good solution.

thestack510

Rest In Peace jmlslayer
LLL has their model on sale right now. You can find the ReptiPro 5000 for a great deal on Ebay. For me it ended up being less expensive than buying from LLL once you factor in the shipping cost. The ReptiPro 5000 has worked great for me so far. My room often exceeds 90 degrees in the warmer months and I have no central AC. The ReptiPro 5000 has hopefully prevented me from hatching as many males as I had prior. The Leos I've hatched in the ReptiPro 5000 so far are still too young to visually sex, but it does hold temperatures well.

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
That's weird. Ours was just delivered today. They did call right after we placed our order saying that they were out of stock and expecting them in a few days. Maybe they're having trouble getting enough in to keep stock or something?

LLLReptile

We ARE still selling the LLL Pro MR-148. BUT, after our last sale, we will be out for about 6 weeks or so. Bummer, but, 98% of people won't need this incubator until Feb - March anyhow, so you can certainly pre-order one, and just have it shipped when they arrive. That option will be back on our website today or tomorrow. I HATE being out of products, but not much we can do here.

Thanks guys!

Scott - LLLReptile & Supply

Visit our friends