Anyone using Exo terra desert sand?

S

SteveB

Bodon said:
Not to mention all of the health problems sand can create, i just found it to be soooo messy when i used it for a couple of weeks when i got my first leo. i went to reptic carpet and then tile, and thats what im sticking with from now on.

Very true... I've alternated between being a "sand nazi" and actually using sand myself... in the end, it's not a necessary risk and an additional timewasting task when cleaning cages.

I like tile... but wait till you see what Stina has in store for one of our display tanks!!! ;)

S

SteveB

Golden Gate Geckos said:
If I ever see another substrate discussion about using sand, I think I'll throw up.

Hahaha I'm pretty sure you've been saying this for the entire time I've known you! :p

D

Double LY

Golden Gate Geckos said:
If I ever see another substrate discussion about using sand, I think I'll throw up.

Barf, barf - I've been popping around to various forums today and sand has apparently come full circle as the topic of the moment once again.

D

Drunvalo

Golden Gate Geckos said:

over-dramatic... :main_rolleyes:

blightedchemist

I'd go with the general consensus with what others are saying. I will say however i have used sand with rocks covering majority of it for 6+ years and apparently been very lucky, no impacting at all and they seem to like it, unless occasional digging is a bad thing. I also agree the pet sand is very VERY dusty and can get messy.

Visit our friends