Apparently I have no willpower...

Queen Penelope

Hi all,

I'm still pretty new to this forum, but I just *had* to brag about my newest addition. =) I swore that I wasn't going to add anything to the fam until our local show in June so I would be able to see a good selection of gargs, but while picking up supers at Petco yesterday (I know, I know) I fell in love with a crestie. I walked away several times, telling myself that Petco is NOT where we get reptiles, and that I didn't want a crestie, and that I didn't need to pick up another animal... but he was just beautiful! And, surprisingly, their cresties all looked nice and healthy. I talked to the kid working that department, and it turns out they're one of his faves, so he's been taking special care of them. Yay! =)

Soooo, needless to say, I now have a beautiful little blonde flame boy (I'm about 90% sure on the morph... I'll have to post pics when I get a chance so someone can correct me if I'm wrong, as cresties are fairly new to me) who is about 3-4" SVL on papertowels in a medium KK. I've been misting him lightly and he loves to lick the water from the walls (which, by the way, is absolutely adorable) and he is definitely going to be a good eater. I just picked him up yesterday, and only a few hours later he ate a pretty healthy portion of CGD from a spoon (ok, I cheated a little by adding some organic banana babyfood to tempt him, but I'm still impressed).

Anyhow, if anyone has any pearls of wisdom they'd like to share, I'd love to hear them. =)

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
I have absolutely no will power either. Congrats on the new addition! We want pix! I'll be checking back later;)

Queen Penelope

Alright.... here's Hermes! =) =) =)

9nMzf9

9nMzbQ

Sorry for the junky phone pics. I wish they did him any justice at all. His head and back are just such a beautiful golden yellow, and his body is actually a bit darker than it appears. His eyes are what did me in though... who could resist? ;)

Now here's my question... flame or harlequin? I lean toward flame, as his pattern doesn't extend all the way up his sides, but he does have the light pattern on his legs, so I'm given to understand that this is a bit of a gray area. Thought?

Last edited:

WulfSC

Very nice Crestie. I'm not sure if it's a Blonde or Buckskin. But, I think you're right about it being a Flame. Congrats on the new addition... he's really nice lookin'.

Queen Penelope

I caught little Hermes shedding when I got up for work yesterday... and of course he's even more beautiful now. =)

I also broke down and brought home a lovely little hatchling the night after we got Hermes. I mean, you can't have just one, right? ;) (S)he's going to be a beauty as well, I'm sure. Last night at dinner time (also eating very well already, by the way) she looked like she was getting ready for a shed as well, so I'll have to get some picks when she's all done.

The bf thought I was crazy when I brought home crestie #2 (no name until we see a gender), until I had him offer her some CGD from his finger... now he's in love. ;)

Daedric1

Very nice Crestie. I'm not sure if it's a Blonde or Buckskin. But, I think you're right about it being a Flame. Congrats on the new addition... he's really nice lookin'.

A blonde usually requires a very dark base color with a bright yellow flame/harley pattern. A buckskin would be a patternless gecko of that approximate base color, though it's hard to tell because that gecko is most likely not fired up (or at least not completely).

Definitely a flame, though.

Queen Penelope

Yeah, that's what I'd read for the blonde morph as well. When he's fired up (which, sadly, he isn't in these pics) the contrast is a bit more dramatic and the yellow is just stunning. Once he's more settled in, I'll have to get some better pics. =)

Daedric1

Yeah, that's what I'd read for the blonde morph as well. When he's fired up (which, sadly, he isn't in these pics) the contrast is a bit more dramatic and the yellow is just stunning. Once he's more settled in, I'll have to get some better pics. =)

Look forward to seeing them. :)

Yeah, it can be hard to get fired-up pics sometimes.

Visit our friends