Aptor Het Raptor x Bell Albino

M

Mojo25

Can anyone tell me the outcomes if i breed these two together? Thanks

ofek

Doug has explained it perfectly clear. aptor & raptor contain the trmper albino gene. bell albino is a different strain of albino. mixing them up will give you NORMALS het for both tremper & bell, and that is, my friend, is a lot of mess.

M

Mojo25

Which means the babies of the normals het tremper and bell would be a mixture of bells, trempers and normals? Sorry, not very good with genetics!

ofek

That is correct. The babies of the second generation will be Tremper albinos (maybe het for Bell), Bell albinos (maybe het for Tremper) and normals (maybe het for Tremper or Bell or both). That is a whole lot of genetic mess- i advise you not to do it.

M

Mojo25

ok guys, so what morphs could i breed with my Aptor to create lots of nice colours and patterns? thanks

P

Pickles457

Raptor, anything het raptor. I bred a tr. albino het raptor x Aptor het raptor and got a nice mix of raptors, aptors, and tremper rev. stripes, jungles, and normal tr. albinos. good luck!:main_thumbsup:

ofek

Raptor, anything het raptor. I bred a tr. albino het raptor x Aptor het raptor and got a nice mix of raptors, aptors, and tremper rev. stripes, jungles, and normal tr. albinos. good luck!:main_thumbsup:

:main_yes: 1+
you can also try a mack snow tremper or trmper enigma...

M

Mojo25

Wow, you got all of those just from breeding those two leos!!!!! Impressive

godzillizard

if you plan on producing Novas with an aptor and an enigma...your going to be sorely dissapointed. I spent over $5k last year in an attempt to produce Nova, only to find out that the odds are WAY worse than what you would think...Tremper enigma het Raptor bred to Raptor was yielding less than 1 out of 100 (Nova), and thats being generous with the numbers...I thought I'd get maybe 1 in 16 or 1 in 32, but I got nothing. The most expensive 'lesson' of my life so far...

THE WHISPERER

if you plan on producing Novas with an aptor and an enigma...your going to be sorely dissapointed. I spent over $5k last year in an attempt to produce Nova, only to find out that the odds are WAY worse than what you would think...Tremper enigma het Raptor bred to Raptor was yielding less than 1 out of 100 (Nova), and thats being generous with the numbers...I thought I'd get maybe 1 in 16 or 1 in 32, but I got nothing. The most expensive 'lesson' of my life so far...

was your Enigma het raptor produced by you? If not i'm thinking your Enigma might not be het.

godzillizard

No, everybody had issues producing Nova that year. He came from one of the bigger breeders in the country, and there were only a couple Tremper enigmas het Raptor in the country at the time. That's why I paid $3500 for the Tremper Enigma het Raptor male...that and I thought I could make an army of Nova with all my Raptor and Aptor females. He is het Raptor, that is supposedly proven, BUT when you breed him to Raptors, the Nova doesn't occur like simple mendelian genetics would have you believe--because some of the traits that make up the Raptor are complex, and aren't inherited as simple recessives, some are polygenic or cooperating recessives. They behave like simple recessives when you breed them to geckos with relatively common ancestory, but if you decide to outcross...good luck getting those red eyes.

THE WHISPERER

Wow sorry about your luck that year. My roomate only had 4 eggs from her pairing and got a Nova out of it. Although i do agree with not probably having a whole lotta luck with the aptor.

Visit our friends