Are crested geckos usually slow going all the time?

Kiki1

New crested gecko owner. I have 2 cresties got 1st one 3 weeks ago and my 2nd a week ago. They sit around a lot and don't eat much. There in a 20 gallon tank temp is 67-70 degrees day and night that's with a red light on all the time. Are they to cold?

Well make sure they are in a tall enclosure and also they are noturnal so they wont move till nite and you cant tell if they eat alot if you put alot of food in it

Charlie

If they are tame and enjoy being handled, they tend to be a little mellow and just stroll along and they go. But young cresties and ones not use to human contact can be fast and skittish x

Amanda1

3 Year Member
I don't think they're too cold. They're still pretty new so they could be getting used to their surroundings. It may take awhile for them to be comfortable enough to move about and eat. Try to keep the handling to a minimum until they are eating regularly. Also they won't starve themselves, so I'm sure they're eating enough. They could just be eating less because it's winter (one of mine does that; don't know why).

Kiki1

Thank you guys for your responses I have some happy geckos. Since I started using a day light. They come out more and noticed some food was gone :)

Visit our friends