Are these eye drops safe for Leopard Geckos?

Geckomaster743

I bought some eye drops for my leopard gecko that contain a saline solution, Vitamin A + B12. Its for turtles but I couldnt find any for my leopard gecko. Do you think its safe to use? Its from Zoo med

Geckomaster743

I've never tried them. Why did you get them? Is your gecko having eye problems?
Yeah she had some gunk on her eye, I've been using them and they work. They're basically an Eye rinse and I'm starting to use it on all my geckos once every two days to prevent stuff, and help clean out the eyes as a precaution. Its happened before and leaving things untouched isn't smart and always ends up with an infected gecko.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
I'm not entirely sure but I would hesitate to use it on any animal that isn't exhibiting a problem. That's just me though. What kinds of eye issues are your geckos having?

Geckomaster743

I'm not entirely sure but I would hesitate to use it on any animal that isn't exhibiting a problem. That's just me though. What kinds of eye issues are your geckos having?
She had this yellowish gunk on her eye. I've seen it before and told you can remove it with a Q tip but that can be dangerous so I decided a eye rinse with the help of her tongue would be the safest home method. Its worked out well so far.

Visit our friends