At what age?

stager

At what age do you put your hatchlings in a breeding rack tub. I usually keep mine in the incubator with a wet paper towel for a week or two, but theses two hatchlings are already eating on they own since only a few days old. The have both eaten two mealworms one just had first shed other about to shed. I was thinking they are ready to be in a tub in my rack anty thoughts?

SC Geckos

I put my hatchlings into tubs as soon as I find them. The only time I keep them in the incubator is if I happen to see them in the morning before work and don't have a tub already set up. I put them in 6qt tubs with paper towel substrate that I keep damp at all times until they have there first shed.

DrCarrotTail

I have a related question (hope I'm not hijacking the thread...haha). I'm headed out of town for 5 days at the beginning of April, right about when I expect my first eggs to start hatching. If each pair of eggs is in its own deli cup, so the babies can't disturb any other eggs, will they be okay if left alone for up to 5 days? I'll have a pet sitter staying at my house but I'm not sure if her moving and misting newly hatched geckos would do more harm than good. If they would need to be moved and fed she would be happy to do it, but if they're okay left in the incubator that would make me feel more secure.

Visit our friends