Baby fat tail! (Finally)

brillobee

Glittering Geckos
After so many eggs lost to mold, and a couple babies dying in the egg, I finally had one hatch out. Normal x Stripe parents. It's almost two days old now, hoping the little guy does good. Clutch mate has yet to hatch. Incubated at 84 took about 70 days. Is 84 too high to get females? How long should I wait until offering it food? One page I read says 10 days, seems a long time. It hasn't shed yet. Best first meal? Crickets or mealworms?

image.jpg
image.jpg

KTyne

Kayla
Congrats! I would offer him Mealworms first because AFTs can be SUPER picky with their food and if you offer him Crickets first he may never eat worms after that, lol.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Congrats. I would offer food as soon as it sheds. AFT minimum incubation temp is a bit higher than that for leos so at 84 you should be pretty much guaranteed females.

Aliza

brillobee

Glittering Geckos
Thanks. Not having high hopes for the clutch mate, egg started sweating last night, no sign of pipping yet. These aft are difficult. It is kind of dishearting when an egg gets so close to hatching and the baby dies in the egg. Last week I had one swell up twice the size, then shrink down and die. ( 2 weeks to go). Ugh. But on a happy note, my little baby shed this morning and is full of P&V took a lunge at me. :)

Visit our friends