BABY fat tial & questions..

S

SGVreptiles

Had my first little fat tail hatch today from Amel X het pairing.Its an amel and is doing really well..Its sack came off..not much bleeding at all.
DSCN2654.jpg

DSCN2650.jpg

Questions
I have an amel pair.My amel female seems to be gravid..But shes not laying..and theyve been together for about a month and a half or so.Shes eating ok..but dosent seem in the best of spirit(lazeing around)Ive had her since she was alil hatchling.Shes goten plenty of calcium.So i dont think thats the issue..I just dont want to lose her,.If theirs anything i can do to help her lay maybe.I can take some pics of her belly to if needed.
Thanks,
Jeff

T

Tokays_Unlimited

Take some pics Jeff..And welcome to the asylum..lol..

S

SGVreptiles

Thanks for the warm welcome jeremy..LOL...Ill get some pisc for you tonight..or tommarow..

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Can you see eggs in her belly? If so, try soaking her in warm water. If she is egg bound, that may help. If not, I would take her to the vet to get checked.

S

SGVreptiles

Yes i can Definetly see some eggs in her.I hope she lays them.
Thanks,shes doing really good.

S

SGVreptiles

Jeanne said:
How long has it been since you've first seen them in her?
To be honest..I dont remember...
But heres some updated pics on the lil one.
DSCN2685.jpg

CRUMMY PICS...but you can kinda see the eggs in her.
DSCN2642.jpg

DSCN2646.jpg

S

Sarah H

Nice baby!
Is she housed by herself or still with the male or other females?
I have has a few that didn't like to share the lay box, and layed after being seperated. The male can be an annoyance as well,lol.

S

SGVreptiles

Sarah H said:
Nice baby!
Is she housed by herself or still with the male or other females?
I have has a few that didn't like to share the lay box, and layed after being seperated. The male can be an annoyance as well,lol.
Yes she is still with the male.Lay box is in their.Theirs no other females.and i had them seperated for 2 weeks..she still didnt lay...but i looked at her today(so did my buddy)and she dosent look gravid anymore.And nothing in the cage.She had these lumps before i had the male in their.They wernt hard or anything..i just thought them to be fatty deposits..

L

LadyGecko

That baby is just beautiful
Congrats!!
and good luck with your female and the disappearing eggs

Sandy

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
SGVreptiles said:
Yeah..shes eating fine.acting normal.

Thats good! I would just keep a close eye on her, make sure she eats well, she isn't losing weight, and that her stools all look good.

S

SGVreptiles

Jeanne said:
Thats good! I would just keep a close eye on her, make sure she eats well, she isn't losing weight, and that her stools all look good.
Yeah,,she took down 4 lobster roaches last night.And seems to be good..I may seperate them and wait for next year.

S

SGVreptiles

I had another amel hatch this morning...from amel X het...And i decided to seperate my amels and breed them next year....

Visit our friends