Baby gargoyle gecko

Chrissosnofsky

I am posting this on curiosity how much I should be feeding my little gargoyle gecko. I keep a small little water bottle cap full of the CGD in his cage all the time replacing it every 36-48 hours as directed. However I am curious on how often to feed him crickets. I know that this is an optional thing to feed them as they can do quite well on the CGD but I do like giving them to him. He is about 5 months old and I am not sure how many crickets to be feeding him and how often a week or a month for that matter of crickets. I just really dont want to possibly overfeed him or something. Hope someone can help. Thanks

DrCarrotTail

I don't know about gargs but my crestie will only take bugs if its hungry. I just keep a few dubia in a small dish inside its tank for a few days a week. If it eats them, great! if not then that's cool too. Crickets might be a bit more difficult as they move around and I don't think you want to leave them in there for a long time as they may chew on your baby and stress it out or hurt it.

Chrissosnofsky

See and thats what I am not sure one. Like this week we ate 3 crickets i provided him on Monday however, I am not sure if they will eat if its in front of them which could be bad or if he will reject them if he's not hungry. Ive heard feed baby geckos about once a week crickets but I am not sure if this is true that is why I always let him have some CGD if he wants.

Visit our friends