Baby roaches growth rate

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
Do baby roaches need the adult's frass to grow properly? About 2 months ago, my dubia colony had mites due to high humidity, so I thoroughly cleaned the whole thing and separated out ALL the babies and nymphs into a different container. Now, after 2 months, these babies are still only around 1cm length; whereas the newer babies that were born after I did the separation already surpassed this size. Why~~~?

KelliH

I'm not sure Bonnie. I tried breeding roaches for awhile, I bred discoids and orange heads. To tell you the truth, I hated them and didn't breed them for long. Hmm Cody from Pro Geckos could most likely help you out more than I can. Cody?

Gregg M

Registered Member
The warmer you keep them the faster they grow and breed.... Maybe the conditions in the separation enclosure are a bit different than the original....

Dubia or orange spotted roaches should hit adult hood in about 3-4 months under the proper conditions.... They also seem to do better when offered fresh fruits and veggies atleast once a week....

Pro Geckos

professionalreptiles.com
No, they don’t. I separate my babies from the adults on a weekly basis and let them grow in their own cages. Like Gregg said temperatures are the most critical. During the summer my feeder room gets well over 100˚F and that’s when I get the highest growth and production rates.

Also make sure to have enough hiding places and don’t over crowd the containers and they’ll do just fine.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
Hmm...unsolved mystery! I kept them at similar condition, with a heating mat (~94-5*F) and fresh fruit daily! The babies with the adults are growing like weed, but the others remained an "un-feedoff-able" size! Maybe they knew about their fate...lol :main_evilgrin:

Visit our friends