Baby Tyler

maxxdout

Hello! New to this forum :)....Recently got a baby leopard gecko. He's about three weeks old. He is terrified of me....can't even touch him and he loses his mind. I know I need to let him settle in for a week or so....but he hasn't eaten in two days of me having him....how long before I should worry?? I have a bearded dragon, a water dragon, and a ball python, and all of them are very easy to handle. uploadfromtaptalk1398976921610.jpg

maxxdout

Thank you! I figured. Took all my other guys a few days to settle in. Just weird I can't touch him. Been just resting my hand near him in his tank a few times a day. He crawled on me, but freaked when I tried to pat him. Sucks, I want to hold him sooooo bad!

lisa127

Baby leo's become easier to handle the older/bigger they get. It's normal for them to be like that as babies. It's survivial instinct. It'll come in time.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum. Hope you find all the answers you seek here! :)
How's he doing today? Has he eaten anything?

maxxdout

He ate a wax worm today, but that's it. I'm starting to worry. I've left him alone so far. I got him last weds....so its been almost a week. He's active and I've seen tiny little poops and urates.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
If he's active and he's pooping he should be fine. Can you post a photo of his enclosure? Give him time to adjust to his new home. I'm sure he'll come around. What are his temperatures like?

Visit our friends