Back in the crestie world

BrightReptiles

Badhabits727
As an update, one did not survive. They were fresh hatchlings when I took them, and I found one deceased two days after picking them all up. It was the runt of them that did not make it, the other four seem to be doing good. I took them out for the first time since getting them today, just for a few seconds to snag a quick picture of each. Anyways, here's the babies!

First one is my favorite. It is not fired up and still showing bright orange colors, the pics don't do justice.
59321596.jpg

dac4ed2f.jpg

1c25bacd.jpg

96894c79.jpg

BrightReptiles

Badhabits727
Keep in mind the rhac world is completely new to me. The ease of care and incubation methods are what turned me towards them, and after handling a few of my friends adults I decided I needed in on them.

Edit- I have owned one crested in the past. I only had it a few months and was traded toward a Leo for one of my old groupies :p

Last edited:

darkridder

Melissa the Scientist
Ahh I love the second one, a nice reversal pinning, great crest structure on it. The third looks like it has nice crests also. The thing to remember with these guys, esp if youre going to get into breeding you need a balance of not only good color and markings, but also crests and the crest structure itself. So when looking at future breeders, or even buying an adult for breeding remember to look past just the color and pattern and look at the crests on it, remember we want them crested geckos, not baldy geckos :D

LZRDGRL

They look nice! Good luck with them :main_yes:
Hey, hope you're doing well... Too bad you didn't stay in the region... I'll have another show in St. Louis, MO in July!

Greets,
Chrissy

BrightReptiles

Badhabits727
Thanks chrissy! Glad to see you haven't disappeared! I'll be up now and then to visit, but won't ever be living there again. All of my family is down here again now, and the only reason I went back there was for Ally, and she pretty much destroyed me for awhile, not going to get into it, you know the story. The last of my Leo's went to a guy up there from craigslist, for next to nothing, who then decided to bad mouth me and make threats, who knows. He took all of the remaining geckos I had (like 20 at that point I believe), my racks, heat equipment, incubator, all my supplies and label maker scales etc, every bit of anything I had left, for an iPod and some random things which most of turned out to be junk, and then trash talked me, I don't get it. One of the geckos he took was the one overcoming pinworms, he knew this and she was sent with her panacur and I explained how to dose it, I'm curious if she is even ok now since he obviously was not the person I thought he was. I only made the trade with this guy because he made himself seem to be super excited to take over some of my projects and get into Leo's, and then a few weeks later I find them posted on Craigslist with stupid marked up prices etc. overall he had about $200 into the stuff he traded me, and he was asking that for some Leo's individually. Needless to say I am pissed and would live to see the guy again someday.

Anyways, yeah, back in florida, and slowly building my reptile collection back to what it once was. I'm sure we will meet again!

darkridder

Melissa the Scientist
No cresteds are what they are, in that I mean harlies will always be harlies, flames will always be flames, ect. Some can grow more side pattern, like with extreme harlies they often will have a lot of pattern to start with and will gain more, but very rarely will a flame gain more pattern. Partial pinners never gain more pinstriping. Tigers and brindle markings can become more bold as they mature but they do not gain more pattern itself as they mature. It looks like you have in this order
Flame
Unique...lol I know I know, there are geckos that do not fall into actual morphs, they are simply called unique, but it does have reversal pinning so in time you may get bolder side markings to fully tell what it is
Tiger
Nearly patternless tiger

Visit our friends