back legs not moving

cslinca

My leo stopped eating about a week ago, yesterday I found him in his full shed but couldnt get it off so I helped him. It all came off and he even ate a bit of it. Then I noticed he cant move his back legs much, he pulls himself around with his from legs. I fed him some chicken babyfood with calcium and he ate.
Today I found him upside down like he fell over and couldnt get back. Ive had him about 4 months and the shop was feeding him pinkies so hes been pretty picky but Ive got him to eat some mealies and occassional waxies. Im so worried about him.... what could it be and what can I do to help him???:(
Here a vid dont mind the music,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJhmn0CVj1I

clegault

Do you have a calcium dish out for him at all times? My young male gecko Blair had/has similar symptoms to yours... we've deduced he has MBD (metabolic bone disease), basically all you can do is get calcium into him and coat his food, be sure to leave a dish of it out at all times... you can get liquid calcium from a vet and if you do a search through the threads i think there is a doseage listed in one of them but im not positive... my gecko with the increased calcium with d3 is doing alot better now but he still doesnt have much use of one of his back legs but its only been a month... there isnt a cure for it but he can recover from it

Visit our friends