background/backdrop options

reds_21

I have a 29 gallon glass tank and i am in need of a slick/cheap way of providing a background/backdrop.

as you know local pet stores sell backgrounds and can get pretty pricey for a since they charge per foot.

I was wondering if anyone has painted the back of there tank a blue or green etc. to provide color. can anyone post pictures in response to this thread so i can see how it turns out?

is this a good option?

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
I don't have any pictures, but I have spray painted the outside of a few tanks black before. It looks good, but is very vulnerable to scratching, I may try a clear coat or some other type of tough finish if I use paint again.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I posted this on another forum, and it may even have been to you, but here goes: I get landscape pictures of Pakistan and Afghanistan from google images, print them out, glue them to nice paper from Staples and get them laminated. It makes a great and cheap background.

ALiza

reds_21

huh, nope it wasnt me but thats actually a pretty good idea. never thought of that one.

thanks acpart

Sandyballs

I posted this on another forum, and it may even have been to you, but here goes: I get landscape pictures of Pakistan and Afghanistan from google images, print them out, glue them to nice paper from Staples and get them laminated. It makes a great and cheap background.

ALiza

I have the same thing, but I cut the blue sky because it gets annoying:main_laugh:

Visit our friends