Backordered domain names

AllGeckos

NOGeckos
I am looking at purchasing a couple domains (.com,.net)
They are both on back order one with (names.com, and the other godaddy)

I am not sure I fully understand this. Neither web page is used.
Does this just mean someone purchased this site in hopes of getting a big offer on it? I can purchase the page now, but guess it will not be able to use it until it expires in January.

Any help of info about purchasing domain names would be appreciated.
TIA!

AllGeckos

NOGeckos
hmmm Edit goes away quickly.
Also I was wondering If I was to purchase these pages now with no other options added on. I can go back later and add what ever other service I might want correct? like email and certificates and such.

Neo.Reptiliac

If someone owned it before you then they have to be contacted and a key has to be given in order to change it from one server to another. If this site your after has not been made for more then 60 days then it's likely locked .

thekooliest

Website Creator
...and to answer your other question, I am 99% sure that you can add on features after buying a domain (you might have to renew the whole domain though, not sure). But I never have.

goReptiles

the back-ordered domains become available when the current owner doesn't renew the domain. You can pre-buy the domain in case the owner doesn't renew it, you'll be the one to get it instead of them putting it up for auction.

At least I think that's how it goes.

Visit our friends