Bad Guy - Mark Green

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
10 days ago I get a phone call from a kid in Texas, Mark Green, [email protected], [email protected]. He says that he is looking for an inexpensive Gecko for a pet. I go over what I have with him and decides to get a Female Het Tremper Leopard Gecko. The total came to about $77 shipped. This was, last friday night. He said that he would send out a $20 deposit either Saturday or Monday.

Then, he emails me on Monday, saying that he is actually going to probably send the money order out next week. He went into how he wanted to have the perfect set-up, etc. So, I wasn't happy but I figured I would give him a chance. He swore to me that he definitely wanted the gecko, he had her named and everything.

Well, today I get an email saying that he found a better deal, and that he wasn't going to buy the gecko from me.

I have now added a sentance in my terms stating that I will only hold Geckos for 4 days if people are sending money orders or personal checks.

Here are the emails in order:

Hi Mike,

Here is a picture of the female, she weighs (as you can see by the scale) 24 grams, was born on 8/22/06, and is Het for Tremper Albino.

Mark Green wrote:
Here's my other email.Thanx again really!!! :) Is she handlable? ANd how many mealies is she eating? wut size? and how should I supplement her and when? etc. etc. please send all needed info in my private care sheet.THANX!!!! :) :) :) :>

I will get you all that info this weekend. I am glad that you want to learn as much as you can. If you want, check out this forum, the people here are really great and it is a great place to hang out too!

www.geckoforums.net

Mark Green wrote:
Hey Jeanne,

I was writing so I can tell you about how I'm going to do the money probably.I will try to send some in the wk. but next wk. I know definetly I can send at the least $30. I'm try to get everything PERFECT so I can get her. But I luv the purpelish color on her back and tail! But get back with me on that caresheet thing though so I can know how to do everything.I don't mean to be annoying but I would like something from u cause you're the one who has raised her. I feel that getting a care sheet from somebody else would be like trying to bake a cake like someone else and using someone else's recipe you know what I mean? LOL! But anywayz thanks ALOT! REALLY! But I saw on kingsnake you were doing 15% off for every gecko is that still going on I hope so because I would love a great deal like that!! Oh, I'm sorry for taking up your time with talking today... I talk too much don't I? LOL! But I really appreciate it.

HI Mark,

If you go on my website you can read the caresheet that I wrote, http://www.usageckos.com/info.html.

I have to be honest that I am not happy that you aren't sending out the money this week like we agreed upon the other night. I will hold on to the gecko for you until next Friday, but if I don't have the deposit by then I will put her back up for sale.

The price I gave you is with the 15% discount. I was asking $35 Plus Shipping for her, I am selling her to you for $30, which is 15% off, well actually $5.25 would be 5%, if you want to deduct the .25 that is fine.

Please let me know exactly which day you are sending out the money order so I know it is on it's way.

Thanks,

Jeanne

Hi Jeanne,

I'm sorry about the money thing but I was really wanting to send like $60 next Wednesday I know I can definitely. I swear I want this gecko SO BAD!!!!!! I've even named her... Jazabelle...Jazzy for short.But I hope u like the name! I'm honest I'm not playing about this really.

But yea I have your caresheet posted right above her tank! LOL! And have it as one of my favorites. I have pics of her though EVERYWHERE! LOL!

But I really thank u so much! AND appreciate it unconditionally!!! LOL! But THANX!!!

But if possible can u PLEASE send me more pics of her like in her tank and stuff any pics I would like to print them! LOL!
But how many mealies and stuff should I feed her?

Today I get this email:

Mark Green wrote:
Hey Jeanne

I will not be sending money this Wednesday because I have bought a better deal. I am sorry for spending time talking to you but I will not be getting anything from you, sorry.Thanks for your help though.

My Reply, yeah, I was mad

Wow, I honestly can't beleive you did this. I held this gecko for you for over a week, with you assuring me that you will definately be sending payment. I trusted you and you pretty much screwed me. I will be posting a negative post about you on the Geckoforums.net and will let people know not to trust you.

I hope you are happy

gixxer3420

Pretty much the same thing happened to me as well with a member on here. I asked this member to please never reply to anything i have for sale again. It sucks because there is nothing we can do about it. I feel for you, its frustrating!!

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
gixxer3420 said:
Pretty much the same thing happened to me as well with a member on here. I asked this member to please never reply to anything i have for sale again. It sucks because there is nothing we can do about it. I feel for you, its frustrating!!

Can you PM me the member name so I don't go thru this with them too.

G

GeckoMandi

That sucks I'm sorry Jeanne, I kinda went through the same thing with someone I was going to buy from but I busted a rim and a tire all in the same day and couldn't buy what I wanted. I didn't "find" a better deal.

brandy101010

Yeah that is kind of messed up! In his emails he swore he wanted that gecko and was not wasting your time and that is exactly what he was doing! I could see if something came up and like Mandi's situation but how much of a better deal could he have gotten? seemed like a good deal to me!

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Yeah, Mandi, you couldn't help your situation. HE COULD.

What's worse, is someone wanted to buy the gecko after he contacted my, and I had to turn them away.... Lesson Learned.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
That stinks. Unfortunately, it happens all the time. I have a 3 day waiting period policy for Priority Mail payments in my TERMS for a long time, and it has proven to be useful with flaky buyers. When I am waiting for a payment, I tell other prospective buyers that I have a payment coming, but ask them if they would like to be notified if the deal falls through. If so, then I take their contact information and call them if there is nothing in the mail after the 4th day.

Franks_Geckos

Leopard Gecko Addict
Jeanne,
Sorry to hear about the bad seed in TX. Sounds like he was yanking your chain around knowing he wasn't buying from you. Someone saying "I swear I want this gecko SO BAD!!!!!! I've even named her... Jazabelle...Jazzy for short.But I hope u like the name! I'm honest I'm not playing about this really." sounds a little fishy to me..... it especially sucks that you had to turn someone else away because of this joker.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
This kid really thinks he did nothing wrong, honestly, he must be younger than I thought to be acting the way he is, and by doing business the way he is. Here was his response to me last email:

Well that is so wrong. Because I was honest to you
and now you are trying to put me as an untrustworthy
person.I was TOTALLY honest with you.I am NOT wrong
for finding a person with better shipping and great
prices that is WRONG!!! I bought a DESIGNER gecko from
someone else cause shipping was only $30.So that is
not wrong honestly I feel that I should post something
negative about you for this but I will not be such an
incosiderate person I will not humiliate myself for
someone who can not accept competition and better
prices!

And, my response to him:

Mark,

You must be insane to think that what you did was ok. I held that gecko for you for 10 DAYS with you assuring me that you were going to buy her, I even turned another persoon down that wanted to buy her.

You go right ahead and post a thread about me. I hope you do, you will see that I am right and you aren't. You want to see waht people think of you then read this thread, and feel free to post on it as well:

http://www.geckoforums.net/showthread.php?t=3265

You out right lied to me, swearing that you would buy my Gecko, I held her for you, trusting that you weren't lying. If you don't think that what you did is wrong, then you have a lot of growing up to do.

Jeanne

gixxer3420

This kids a jerk. This just happened to me so now I'm thinking of having an age requirement. This sucks and i'm sorry you had to go through this crap.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Hopefully his last email to me, all this so he could save $37:

Mark Green <[email protected]> wrote:
Hey one thing for sure don't EVER post my emails on the Internet or I will seriously do what ever I can to stop you from insulting me and putting me as a bad person now post this on there:I was honest but I found me a blizzard that I wanted, it would have been wrong if I wouldn't have told u atleast I had the politeness to do so and if you keep putting me as a child, you're being one, grow-up, I apologized.You're being a very rude person and I hope no one ever buys from a person who gets mad over something like this.I have went to a very good breeder and bought my lizard and shipping for just $40 and I write u and tell u the situation and you still get mad?Now that's childish and to go so far as to put my screen names on that forum is wrong and very unmature.I will not go so far as to defend my self on that forum because there's no right to.

Franks_Geckos

Leopard Gecko Addict
Well, I imagine the 7792 in his yahoo email address leads me to believe that is his birthday.... which would make him 14 now.... which is probably why he doesn't like being portrayed as a child, because he is a big grown up teenager...... :laugh: Of course, he doesn't want to come here and defend himself, because he knows he will be flamed by others who are sympathetic to Jeane as well as the fact that people here can trace his IP address and such. He may be young and a jerk, but I don't think he's foolish enough :dunce: to do anything here other than read what has been written.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Well, it gets better everyone. Turns out that he went and posted a thread about me on another forum. And unlike me, he didn't have the common courtesy to let me know so I could go and defend myself.

Luckily, there are people reading that thread that don't agree with what he is doing and they informed me of his post.

Jeff876533

Jeffrayy
yeah it kinda sux that he canceled the order after that long, id b really mad also. I just dont think some people should put age limits on, because i myself am fourteen, but am not dumb enough to hold on an order for over a week, and go ahead and buy a different one. thats why you do the reasearch BEFORE you go and buy lol. Hope things work out with that gecko

JeffK

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
I am not going to stop selling to people under 18, like I said above, there are MANY MANY responsible young adults. Unfortunately, I will be asking to speak with the parents of any minor before a sale, and if they don't want me to speak with them, then I won't sell the gecko to them.

And, I now also have a time limit for holding geckos, 4 days maximum, unless I make other arrangements with the buyer.

Select Gex

To be honest, I feel like this is a little overboard. Stuff happens, people back out, it's part of our business. Just modify your terms and move on with it. I always ask for a phone conversation for someone who is seriously interested in one, that usually helps. It upsets us all when someone buys somewhere else, or not at all, but it's just going to happen.

Hope I didn't offend you Jeanne, just expressing my thoughts.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Select Gex said:
Hope I didn't offend you Jeanne, just expressing my thoughts.

They are your thoughts and you are welcome to them. But, when it happens to you 3 times in 2 weeks, you will see my point.

Visit our friends