Bad shed bleeding

W

Wretched

So my fat tail gecko, misty (the one who wasnt eating) has been sitting in quarentine. She's eaten a little and now has another problem. She was shedding the other day, and then stopped half way through (it looked like she was where ing white 'pants'. i left her alone a bit and finally had to help her shed. The problem was that some skin didnt want to come off, and after a while, with water and gentleness, i managed to get it all. Where it stuck her skin was pink and looked raw. it was mainly on her back feet, belly and the bottom of her tail.

now she is bleeding from each of those spots. I'm taking her to the vet as soon as i can, it would be today, but Were moving and we -have- to move today. Can anyone help me out in the mean time? Suggestions?

W

Wretched

yeah, getting neosporin tonight, the only one we had was some pain relief cream type, and i dont trust it...

Stitch

Use just plain Neo or Polysporen in the future. Anything with medication in it can be harmful, especially if ingested.

P.S. I always let unshed skin go for 2-3 days, meanwhile keeping the humid hide moist and then helping. I'd rather it be on there for a few extra days just to be sure it's ready to come off.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
How bad is the bleeding? If it's just a couple of small places, I wouldn't necessarily take her to the vet unless you want to get a fecal done at the same time. Poor sheds can be an indication of stress as well as environmental. Poor baby!

Visit our friends