Bamboo: a rescue thread

Bex1

I'm creating a thread to track our rescue gecko (G. mutilata) Bamboo's progress.
Here are the pictures from 3/18/14, night of purchase. The photos in the cup came first, the one on the log was after coaxing her out of said cup into a 10 gal planted enclosure.

Bamboo 016.jpg Bamboo 007.jpg Bamboo 010.jpg Bamboo 012.jpg

Bex1

Photos from today (3/20/14)
the injuries on her back and hip don't look so raw and inflamed, I'm not sure if it's the higher humidity that has soothed them, or if we narrowly avoided an infection of some sort. I released 2 crickets into her enclosure yesterday, I don't see or hear them, but I didn't see her eat them either, with all of the leaf litter, it's hard to know if she found them last night or if she didn't.

bamboo 041.jpg bamboo 033.jpg bamboo 034.jpg bamboo 035.jpg bamboo 036.jpg bamboo 037.jpg

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Poor thing. Kudos to you for adopting her and helping her back to health. How is she doing now, since it's been a few days since the last photos of her

Bex1

I just took some good ones today! Pictures are entirely dependent on MY ninja skills vs HER ninja skills... Hers are usually better. ;)

Now for some pictures!

bamboo 067.jpg bamboo 068.jpg Bamboo 046.jpg Bamboo 049.jpg bamboo 059.jpg bamboo 065.jpg

Bex1

I think it's her "safe spot", she hasn't even looked at the rest of the tank that I know of.

Someone suggested that she may be a common House Gecko, and it looks similar, like the Mutilata, but neither one quite fits 100%, it's a little frustrating. Although both species are considered house geckos of sorts.

And she's out and about when the fluorescent plant light is on, I don't think commons are much for lights?

Visit our friends