bamboo shrimp

Blakskall

Tyler B
im thinking of buying bamboo shrimp to try and clean up my tank a little, are they a good buy? any speacial requirments? I'll list my set up below, thanks

Tank: 30 gallon
Filter: Whisper
Heater: 75-80 degrees
Substrate: Sand
Decor: Fake plants, driftwood, caves
Tank mates: Angelfish, Danios, Siamese algea eater
Water Levels: Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 5.0-10, PH around 8.2

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?
You all is need bamboo plants and they'll stick to it. I owned them before. I bought 3 and they can hunch ride on their back and may carry it around. You'll need couple bamboo shrimp. they are interesting. :)

angelfish? hmmm you should reserach about it to make sure it dont eat of these species... they are known to be agressive fishes.

gerrmanman

they are filter feeders primarily thus giving them a short life span in most aquaria. they will scavenge but with aggressive tank mates may starve. they are also jumpers so have a tight lid with no openings. also most sold are fairly larger and thus at the end of their life, so pick the smaller ones if you can. also look for vibrant color as a sign of good health. they will also need a good hiding place to shed their exoskeleton. they are shy at first but if not harassed by your angelfish should come out more after some time.

Joao

v Snowflake v
I like ghost shrimp myself. At 33 cents a piece, they make good tank floor cleaners and/or lunch.

Visit our friends