Banded gecko questions

preacherman

Gecko Genetics
To those of you who breed banded geckos, at what age do you typically consider them sexually mature, and about how much do they weigh at adulthood?

GeckoGuru

My C. mitratus will breed at 6 months of age...they are generally around 30-35 grams when they are nice a fat. I usually wait until 8-10 months of age though.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
I just recently bred my Western Bandeds AKA Coleonyx variegatus, they are 8 months old, and the female weighs 9.6 Grams :) They are tiny little fellas!

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Jason, you are really going to enjoy these little geckos! I have been raising them for about 4-5 years, and get alot of joy breeding them. Since I am in California, the C. v. variegatus are a native specie that we can collect, but not propagate and sell. I keep C. v. bogerti, which are native to Arizona and are even smaller than the variegatus. Those are what Jeanne got from me that are pictured in this thread.

Good luck with your group!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The care sheets I've read about these banded geckos suggest that they lay fewer eggs than leopard geckos. Does anyone know if that's really the case?

Aliza

Visit our friends