Bathroom Tile

Commotiion

Woul bathroom tile be an acceptable base for my leo's home, how well would it conduct the heat from the wire underneath of the tank? He currently has carpet, but I'veheard about them being bad for their toes and whatnot, also the tiles would be so much easier to clean on a daily basis. Thanks :)

Caleb C

Not sure, but it's not bad for their toes, their nails just sometimes get stuck, not a big deal. Put a piece of toilet paper where he poops so you never have to clean your substrate.

maverickgrl79

i
Woul bathroom tile be an acceptable base for my leo's home, how well would it conduct the heat from the wire underneath of the tank? He currently has carpet, but I'veheard about them being bad for their toes and whatnot, also the tiles would be so much easier to clean on a daily basis. Thanks :)
use real slate tile and p put a little repti sand in the cracks they cant eat it it just keeps little toes safe i also put the sand around the perimeter for the same reason. i have noticed that their nails seem to be filed with walking on the slate!

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Ceramic is a good insulator so it will less desirable as a substrate. A stone, slate, or other rock-type substrate would hold the heat well and stay warm. Plus like said above, it will file down their nails! :)

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
I use the self-stick floor tiles, and place flat river rocks on top to absorb heat. It works great and comes in some neat textures.

Visit our friends