bearded dragon died. when is it ok to get a new one

vinnie-gecko

so my bearded dragon passed away last night. she wasnt well and i was going to take her to the vets to have her put to sleep. sadly she wasnt even 2 years old. i would like another one, but how long should i wait. i know with my other pets (like my rats) ive gotten a new one more or less straight away.

Ghostoftangerine17

ヒョウモントカゲモドキ
I'd wait until you fully clean (with the proper disinfecting solutions) everything that your bearded dragon came in contact with. Seems weird that it passed away so young, do you know the cause?

If it didn't die from maltreatment you can get a new one when you feel emotionally ready and have taken the above steps to make sure there's no diseases or infections that might be passed on to a new lizard.

LeoMerlin

Oh no! I am so sorry for your loss! Losing anyone, being human or pet is a hard time! I agree with Embrace Calamity though, I'd wait until you know why your bearded dragon died. I'm not an expert or anything but I know that's a young age. What was your set up like and when was the last time you took the bearded dragon to a vet? (definitely clean the set up and sanitize before getting another beardie)

Visit our friends