Beardy Breeding

legolas13

Im considering breeding bearded dragon but what exactly should I prepare for I know I need separate cages or my beardys during the mating season and that I need an incubator but what should I prepare for room wise for the babies. How much food do I need to feed 20 - 30 babies. Also my lizards will only be a little over a year old approximately how many egg will I have. Lastly is there any good shipping company I could use to ship the lizards to people. O yea and is there any beardy selling company's that would buy them or and good classifieds I could sell them in . Me and my friend are going into this bearded dragon selling business together we do not expect it to be major just a small business that might make us a little money to fund our lizard collecting. My friend has a translucent leather back and a rusty colored beardy I myself have a normal beardy leaning a little toward the citrus side. How much would we get for these beardys offspring. Lastly is there any incubators that you would suggest we are looking for a cheap but reliable model. If you can think of anything else I need to know just tell me. Thanks

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I can't really answer the nuts and bolts, since I own only 1 beardie myself. However, I can say that beardies produce a lot of babies (my female beardie before she died laid 125 eggs one season --without benefit of a male) who eat an awful lot of crickets and can nip each other's tails or bite off a foot if kept together in crowded conditions. There are beardie breeders in my area who are offering baby beardies on craigslist for $20 each. There are a good number of beardies looking to be rehomed on craigslist. Please think really carefully before you actually do this.

Aliza

Visit our friends