Beetle Behavior

stellascura420

I've had about 20 beetles hatch since yesterday and I check on them periodically for new beetles and every time I go in there, a lot of them will be stuck on their backs in the wheat bran and seem like they can't roll over. So I roll them all back over and some more are stuck on their backs the next time I go in there. Is this normal? Will they eventually right themselves? I'm just worried they're going to get stuck and die and it's a pain to keep turning them over 3-4 times a day.

serialzombie

Ἴκαρος
What kind of beetles, Darkling Beetles?

These are the only kind I have any experience with, and if these are the ones you're dealing with, then no, it's not an issue. They're just clumsy.

However, if you're talking about Superworm Beetles, or anything else...I have no clue. :lipsrsealed:

stellascura420

These are the only kind I have any experience with, and if these are the ones you're dealing with, then no, it's not an issue. They're just clumsy.

However, if you're talking about Superworm Beetles, or anything else...I have no clue. :lipsrsealed:

Yeah its the mealworm beetles and yes I've noticed they're VERY clumsy lol.

VampyricAngelX

I have a toilet paper roll cut in half shoved in with them so they usually latch onto that to right themselves. Or other beetles walk on them and they manage to flip back over.

serialzombie

Ἴκαρος

Upon further reading, I've stumbled across the fact that Superworm are the larvae of another species of Darkling Beetle. My bad.

So...Tenebrio Molitor beetles, correct?

Visit our friends