Before i get one...

Cesar_Da_KIng

Reptile Enthusiast
So im planning on getting a crested gecko soon and i want to make shur i have everything perfect before i go get it. So please give advice if what im doing is wrong.

I will have a cage with appropiate height for the crestie. It will be full of fake plants and vertical branches and a few ledges for food and water.The substrate will be paper towels. I keep my house at around 76 but when the cage is misted it will probably cool down some so i am getting a small UVB tube light to add a little extra heat and vitamins as well as viewing. From what ive read the tank should get a light misting in the moring and a heavy one at night and the humidity should be around 75% at night when its heavly misted and it can drop down to around 50% during the day. For food I will be using Repashy's Crested Gecko Diet with a small amount of fresh stawberries or mango mashed up and mixed in for flavor and added nutrients, with some caned crickets or mealworms as crackers in the soop.

Please tell me if im wrong or missing anything.

-Da_KIng

ice gecko

you dont need to add anything in the GCD diet and i dont suggest you do so either. all you need to do is mix it with water. if you want to give treats to your gecko give it some calcium dusted or gut loaded crickets. i usually mist my tank only once a day which is at night were you want the humidity to be at 80-90% then let it drop the whole day to give it a cycle. you dont need to add any heating and i strongly suggest against this. they can survive and do fine from 65-80 degrees. your tank isnt going to drop that much from misting. your cage seems fine. when you mist the cage at night the gecko will be able to drink the water drops from the vines and leafs in the cage. as for food just put out a small bowl of it to the gecko. good luck on your journey into cresteds!

ice gecko

its already formulated for the needs of the gecko. putting things like that in will also make it rot and mold quicker which is your geckos arch enemy. just stick with mixing it with water like it says on the directions and you should be fine. they go crazy over it without adding all that needless stuff.

Visit our friends