Beginner Husbandry Question

archangelvk

Hello all,

I'm new to Leo keeping and want to make the enclosure as close to perfect as possible before bringing one home. I have included a photo of my current setup to make it easier to explain. So I have my thermostat probe placed on the floor inside the wood log to the left side. There is also a piece of slate rock inside. The thermostat is set to turn off when it hits 29C (84F) and back on when it hits 27.5C (81.5F) from 9am-9pm. However Ive notcied that in its current setup, the rock inside the log will go up to 30-33C (86-91F). Although these temp ranges I believe are good, the top of the log and humid hide will soar up to the low to mid 40's (104F). So my questions are,

1) is it okay to have the TOP of the hides way above normal or will my Leo risk getting burned when the bulb is on ?
2) At night I have a CHE which keeps the enclosure around the low to mid 20C (68-77F) is this ok? Or should I let it drop lower since in the wild they experience lower temps?
3) I was going to include a dig box but Ive seen around the internet that a dig box should NOT be included when purchasing a Juve Leo and they are only meant for adults?

Thanks in advance for your help

Attachments

• LG #3.jpg
    LG #3.jpg
    928 KB · Views: 3

Visit our friends