Best Substrate

JdiLb

I use paper towel. It's simple, clean, easy to replace, and also holds moisture well. Not the most realistic looking if youre going for that though.

fledgehole

I went with the paper towel for now, but have a heating question. I have a 40l that I am heating so far I have a UTH on the left side with my humid hide on top. In the humid hide we are getting 90-94 degrees. On the pad itself the temp is hitting 108 but the humid hide covers up this high temp. Around the hide I am getting a temp of 80-90, but once I check off the UTH by a few inches I am getting an average of 70. The problem is the rest of the tank has a surface temp of only 60-65. Any idea on how to fix this I am thinking I need to add another UTH to the other side. Also we are in winter temps here in Chicago and my basement is at 60 degrees. I am first going to change the vents around and seal the windows, but any other ideas would be appreciated. Thx

JdiLb

I went with the paper towel for now, but have a heating question. I have a 40l that I am heating so far I have a UTH on the left side with my humid hide on top. In the humid hide we are getting 90-94 degrees. On the pad itself the temp is hitting 108 but the humid hide covers up this high temp. Around the hide I am getting a temp of 80-90, but once I check off the UTH by a few inches I am getting an average of 70. The problem is the rest of the tank has a surface temp of only 60-65. Any idea on how to fix this I am thinking I need to add another UTH to the other side. Also we are in winter temps here in Chicago and my basement is at 60 degrees. I am first going to change the vents around and seal the windows, but any other ideas would be appreciated. Thx

That's how mine is, my house is usually pretty cold (to me at least) - mid - low 60s. You're fine how it is, they'll walk around for a bit then go back to the heat.

Visit our friends