Best Way to heat gecko tank

Bec

Hey everyone.
i have had my leopard gecko for 2 years and hearing his tank has always been a big problem.
I started with halogen bulbs (the blue one for day and red one for night). He has a 20 gal tank so I used the lower wattage.
but the halogen bulbs always burnt out within a few days and got so expensive. They also made his eyesight bad.

so I switched to a hearing mat that adheres to underneath the tank.
But it constantly would not keep a temperature and I just found this morning it stopped working completely.

I am just at a loss at what is the right or best way to heat his tank because this has been a stressful journey. I’d appreciate any tips or if there is a certain tank set up that’s worked well for you, please let me know!!

me and Leo thank you

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Check out Zoomed heat cable. It's a rubberized heat cable that you can tape in a sine-wave shaped configuration (instructions about how to do this in the package). Use Nashua tape. It's available at Home Depot and is essentially a sticky backed aluminum foil tape. It's the only thing I've found that doesn't eventually sag. For a 20 gallon tank you probably need the 25' cable (the first 6' isn't heated). The best place to get this is on EBay. You can usually find it for a good price with free or low cost shipping. Be sure to use a thermostat. The Zilla one is pretty affordable.

Aliza

Visit our friends