Bibron or Day Geckos?

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Hadn't seen a photo of the bibron gecko before. Very unique!

Ruby

They were selling them at a local pet shop for 10 dollars! I was amazed!

Jetfire

Just remember the old saying,"you get what you pay for". Bibrons are another of the geckos that make great displays, but generally don't like being handled. They usually readily bite,(think tokay attitude, but with much less bite pressure), and are frankly fast as all hell if they get out.plus, pet store Bibrons are usually wc, since not too many people breed them in captivity.
That being said, if they interest you, feel free to check them out.you never know, you could luck out.just make sure to do your homework, and try to get the enclosure setup before bringing it home.it helps to lesson the stress on the geckos if they can be in the transport box as little as possible.then leave them alone for a couple days to settle in before you try feeding them.

Ruby

The beautiful geckos always seem to be the most aggressive (besides leopard geckos, ha ha). I wonder what day geckos are like?

Jetfire

If you're wanting to get into day geckos, you need to go to a good reptile show.day geckos can be very, very delicate lizards, and I've seen plenty of neglected pet store geckos just not make it.usually do to store employees not realizing that different reptiles require different setups (huge problem at big box stores , like anything that begins with the word pet).plus, at a show, you get the advantages of multiple vendors selling the same species, so you can bargain shop.plus all the different species and subspecies that you can find at shows..sorry,I really like shows.

Ruby

Ha ha, your geckos are gorgeous by the way! I think in due time I'll get a crested gecko...they seem more hardy and more handleable.

Jetfire

In my experience, the gargs are calmer than the cresteds,especially with younger geckos. The big red gecko in my pic will just lounge around watching TV with me, licking his food off of my fingertip.

Visit our friends