biting gecko..

thomasdanes

I just have redecorate my cage and I think he must be adapting himself with his new home's condition. But he always bites me a lot, and he just lost his eat appetite, (np:I just remove him from my friend's home yesterday). What should I do? :main_huh::main_huh:

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
Just give him time. I wouldn't try handling him till he eats. I would also give him 3-5 days to adapt before you attempt to feed him.

Good luck!

prettyinpink

Just give him time. I wouldn't try handling him till he eats. I would also give him 3-5 days to adapt before you attempt to feed him.

Good luck!

+1 :main_yes:

You need to let him settle in. Also, one of my females is pretty fiesty...but I haven't been working with her too much. She's also a little young still.

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
Thomas,
They have tendency to bite when startled. I work with WC geckos at work and they tear my hands up. My personal collection is 95% WC animals and they tend to tame after a few weeks.

fl_orchidslave

He's just stressed from all the changes. Give him a chance to adjust and get settled in before trying to handle him, a week or two. As Alex said, wait a few days before trying to feed him.

Visit our friends