Black Piranha! (DUW)

Boa'sUnlimited

Shape Shifter
Hey guys, thought I would share pics of my gold diamond, black piranha

this guy will get up to 10 - 15 inches long. A beast of a fish! Right now he is a baby though, at roughly 4 - 5 inches

He is currently in a 70 gallon. Its pretty bare, but he enjoys it. he has the plants for hides and no gravel so bottom cleaning is extremely simple and easy

In this picture, you can see what it means by "Gold diamond black piranha"

He shines silver/gold. and the scales look like diamonds, so the name gold diamond :)

Thanks for looking!

Pokersnake

Nice! I miss keeping aggressive fish. I see part of one of his meals in a pic there.

I used to keep African and South American cichlids, including Oscars, Dempseys and Pikes. I loved to watch them hunt down a few feeders!

Boa'sUnlimited

Shape Shifter
Nice! I miss keeping aggressive fish. I see part of one of his meals in a pic there.

I used to keep African and South American cichlids, including Oscars, Dempseys and Pikes. I loved to watch them hunt down a few feeders!

Yeah he had some of his meal in that photo lol! He never eats the heads he just eats the body ?.? its very strange

I feed him a staple of shrimp now and I give him 1 - 3 feeders a month so he can live with a little thrill :)

I would love to own some oscars in the future but for now the piranha is enough lol!

I heard you can cohab oscars and piranha, but I dont know if its a good idea. I may explore it though. Probably not ;)

I must agree watching them hunt feeders is EXTREMELY interesting. It never gets old watching nature happen so raw like that infront of you

Visit our friends