Blind Albino Leopard Gecko

Mkaybabyy

Does anyone else on here have a blind, albino leopard gecko? Some advice would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 99FE0E5D-B817-483F-8720-CCE754B1B672.jpeg
    99FE0E5D-B817-483F-8720-CCE754B1B672.jpeg
    297.9 KB · Views: 10

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I see that the gecko has its eyes closed, but how do you know it's blind? If indeed it is, the trick is to keep all the furniture in the same place and to feed it by hand. If you're using lights over the enclosure it's possible that the eyes are closed because it's too bright and you should remove the lights.

Aliza

Mkaybabyy

Yes he does have his eyes closed, he was sleeping at the time but it was the only clear picture. I was told that most albinos are blind. But he definitely can’t see. I hand feed him every day because he can’t hunt, there’s also no substrate in his habitat. Yes I don’t have a basking light for him because he is light sensitive. I have a 100w red lamp for day and night, with a heating pad in his hide.
The issue is that he has refused to eat for about a week, I’m having trouble finding someone who’d know if this is normal or not since he’s so sensitive.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Most albinos are not blind. Sorry if yours is. I've had geckos who haven't eaten for weeks. I used to worry but it usually ended up OK (and when you have nearly 50 geckos it gets hard to worry a lot about each one). Keep offering, try a different feeder if you can just to check and keep track of whether his tail gets thinner (if it doesn't you probably don't have to worry).

Aliza

Visit our friends