Blizzards...

rawson5084

Ok I have 3 blizzards and they all look different... I was wanting to know if they was regular blizzards, banana, midnight or whatever....
Up first is Irwin he is the lightest one...
IMG_0891.jpg

Second is noel she is the darkest one...
IMG_0837.jpg

and Third is Spaz she is the yellowish one...
IMG_0861.jpg

Please let me know what you think...

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Well in my experience my blizzards seem to differ all the time, one day she will be really dark as you call "midnight blizzard" and another day she will be very white.
So as far as I am aware of, the midnight blizzard is not even a genetic term if you see where I am coming from, it can't be passed on, its all about incubation temps.
I see it as whatever mood they are in they will go either darker or lighter.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
All three of them are beautiful, classic versions of a Blizzard! I have always called Blizards the 'mood geckos' of all morphs. They range anywhere from pure white, to grey, to dark charcoal grey, to dark purple depending on their moods and temperature. IMO, the only undesireable trait is too much yellow (caused by crossing them with other morphs). The term 'midnight' blizzard is nothing but a marketing ploy to sell dark colored blizzards... which is entirely normal for the morph!

Many people will sell very yellow blizzards as "Banana Blizzards". A true banana blizzard is a double recessive (expressed) cross between a blizzard and a Murphy patternless. DON'T BE SCAMMED by this! On the flip-side, there are a LOT of 'blazing' blizzards' out there which are also mis-represented. A Blazing Blizzard is a cross between a Blizzard and an Albino, where the two recessive traits are expressed in one morph. If a blizzard is represented as a 'blazing' and does not have albino eyes, it is NOT a blazing blizzard.

I think I am one of the few breeders who still find beauty and value in the pure genetic recessive morphs like the Blizzard and the Murphy Patternless. The blizzards shown in the OP are classic examples of the variety of color in pure blizzards. I would be thrilled to have them in my collection!

Visit our friends