Boston Lettuce for Beardies

BeardieBeast91

Hi guys. So I know that romaine lettuce is a good part of a dragons diet, because it contains vitamins and helps hydrates a beardie. But is boston lettuce good for them at all? I gave my young beardie some boston lettuce yesterday and today along with collards, mustards, etc, and I've never seen him so exited for veggies! Anyway, give me your opinions. Thanks. :)

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It certainly does help hydrate and and long as you offer other veggies as well it should be fine. I just don't think it does much besides hydrate.

Aliza

Amanda1

3 Year Member
I don't think romaine has many vitamins either, it's mostly just water. I'm sure boston lettuce is fine, as long as it's part of a mix. You could also try raddichio, kale, escarole, endive, or spring mix. My tort and uromastyx like those. And it's a good time of year to find dandelions (high in calcium), clover, and plantain outside.

There's a supplement mix called SuperVeggie made by Repashy. I use it for my vegetarians every week or so. Just to make sure they get enough vitamins, etc.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
As they say, make sure you're mixing with other leafy greens. Romaine has a lot more sugars in it that makes it more palatable for human consumption. I generally avoid it and iceberg.

Visit our friends