Breeding leos

Khatchet

3 Year Member
I would like a how to on breeding leos and the egg and hatchling care. I have done alot of studing on it but i want to make sure i have it right. It will be about a year befor I start so any good reads that you think I should look into let me know.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The basic leopard gecko care books have a breeding chapter. Also if you google "leopard gecko breeding" you'll find stuff. Read all that then come back here with more specific questions.
Also, something that I did was to read the breeding sub-forums on different gecko forums. Every time I found something that I felt was important, I copied and pasted it into a document. Then I had a document with all the hints right there.

Aliza

Geckomaster743

I think youtube can be a great source, I learned a lot about breeding there, Including which Incubators to buy, How long the incubation period is, Which substrate you should use for the eggs ( Vermiculite ) and how you have to keep a certain ratio of vermiculite to water. Just check out youtube :p

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Aliza has some good tips there. Search around, talk to breeders and others in the hobby. When it comes down to it, it will all depend on how well you care for the parents. If they are 100% happy and satisfied then they will probably do most of the work for you :)

bbhh123

You should go to leopardgeckosgonewild.weebly.com my friend has experience with this stuff. I'm going to start breeding my own soon.

Visit our friends