Building a Rack. Need Help

LittleFoot

Iam going to be building a rack system for me leos very soon.

what size do you guys suggest? i plan on breeding 3 females next season, as well of adding to my collection next year. so i would say i would need a decent size.

Wood to use?

LepoInc

Use melamine. And I'd suggest 28qt tubs. Make the rack wide enough to slide a 41qt in sideways just in case. But with three females, and assuming 1 males, that's either a 41qt and a 28qt or four 28qt. A 6qt for each hatchling, so that's two 6qts per clutch, and let's say you get lucky and get 5 viable clutches, thats thirty 6qts. So what I would do is build a hatchling rack that is ten shelves high with four 6qts each shelf, then an adult rack that has say 5 shelves that are wide enough for a 41qt on each rack.

Make sense? Hahahaha

Sent via Tapatalk whilst caring for Eublepharis macularis'

Last edited:

DrCarrotTail

I have a homemade rack that fits 15 and 28 quart sterilite tubs and one from animal plastics that fits similar sized iris tubs. I like the iris ones hands down as they have flat bottoms and are MUCH easier to clean and water bowls don't tip as easily without divots. 15 qt bins seem adequate for more average sized Leo's. those over 80g would probably be more comfortable in 28 qt bins or the bigger ones LepoInc suggested.

My homemade rack is made from 1/2 inch thick pine wood. Is super heavy so something lighter like pressed PVC or thinner might be a better choice if you can get some.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Visit our friends