Bulleye was turned to the top?

Tristen124

So within 1 or 2 days of the lay i notice one egg had it on the top and one on the side slightly at the top its the 5th day of lay but i turned the bullseye on the 2 or 1st to the top should i turn it back to ware i marked it the eggs looks fine theres vains in it and its plump and hard like not to hard but like a steal marshmallow

Last edited:

tb144050

I doubt anyone knows the exact science of the vein pathways. There were plenty of "post views" but no one felt confident to give a solid answer. :(

Olympus

Biologist & Ecologist
I don't even understand the question as it's currently phrased. If you marked the top of the egg, leave the eggs exactly as they are, facing the same way you dug them into the incubation medium. The embryo is going to want to develop towards the top of the egg at first, over the egg yoke, so when you start rotating eggs you risk ending up with the tiny embryo under the crushing weight of its own yoke, which could potentially kill it. The risk seems to be significantly less once you have a large embryo that takes up most of the egg.

Unless something has caused the eggs to roll around in their medium, the egg knows what it's doing :) Just leave them the way they were facing.

Visit our friends