cage cleaner?

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
I use anti-bacterial Dawn dishsoap w/ Nolvassan (Chlorhexedrine). On rare occasion, I'll also use bleach, but only in extrenuating circumstances.

(FYI, never mix Nolvassan and bleach! lol)

N

NewportGeckos

Soap and water is the best cleaner you can use to remove waste, grime, and/or other messes. Chlorhexidine is a great disinfectant and I highly recommend it, but it only kills bacteria. It is best used for disinfecting things that have already been washed or places where waste has already been scraped/rubbed off. For parasites like pinworms that can only live in organic material, use soap rather than the chlorhexidine, because as long as there is anything organic in the environment, they are near impossible to get rid of. Just the chlorhexidine will not be enough to flush them out.

B

Brian O

I am a Dawn fan myself. My big gun is a steamer. The extreme heat kills everything.

boutiquegecko

I hadn't thought of steam. I have a steamer to that I clean a lot of stuff with, I'll have to try that. Were are you getting the novalsan? I know I've seen it somewhere, just can't remember. And I don't work for a vet anymore, so I can't order it through them.

N

NewportGeckos

The novalsan/chlorhexidine is available online from all vet suppliers and also places like the beanfarm or mgreptiles. Cody also offers it on his site.

Visit our friends