cages

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Some pet stores will sell cracked aquariums for cheaper too and they're easily repaired and usable for geckos

Geckomaster743

I don't trust heat rocks I've had bad experence with them and lost a few pets cause they malfunctioned
Awww that sucks. If you read my article in the Product Review section about heat rocks it can tell you the same thing that burns will cause death and serious pain. DO NOT USE HEATROCKS.

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
Ik I learned this years ago and only did it once.....I hate heat rocks :(
I've heard the horror stories, but I love my heat rocks, and I stand behind that. And I know my geckos enjoy them as well. Some of my heat rocks are 10 years old. But I check everything associated with my geckos regularly. As with anything else, malfunctions can happen.

I was reading on iHerp about this poor lady who lost most of her extensive snake collection when her room thermostat malfunctioned. Its always devastating to lose your pets. I'm so sorry about yours!

Geckomaster743

I've heard the horror stories, but I love my heat rocks, and I stand behind that. And I know my geckos enjoy them as well. Some of my heat rocks are 10 years old. But I check everything associated with my geckos regularly. As with anything else, malfunctions can happen.

I was reading on iHerp about this poor lady who lost most of her extensive snake collection when her room thermostat malfunctioned. Its always devastating to lose your pets. I'm so sorry about yours!
I read that article too, She had some geckos who suffered many burns. She was able to get one of the Geckos on a Camera to show examples of a severe burn. Sadly the gecko passed away a couple days later because the injures were too severe. Im not sure if its the same lady but i also read about some ones Thermostat malfunctioning and they lost ALOT of there animals. Its so sad because i would be horrified if i lost one and would NEVER get over it. Losing a gecko to me now is like losing one of my brothers or sister.

Visit our friends